Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information McLane Company, Inc. (“McLane” or “we” or “our”) collects through www.mbmeserv.com (this “Site”), and how we collect, use, and share that information. This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of information through any website or other means, other than through this Site.
By using this Site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use this Site.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of September 1, 2011.
Information We Collect and How it is Used
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse this Site’s home page. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to register as a user of this Site, and thus, to have access to the rest of this Site, to submit information or request information from us, or to use the services offered through this Site. This information may include information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us.
Personal information collected through this Site may be used by McLane for purposes of:
- Administering and processing your accounts and orders;
- Responding to your questions;
- Providing the services you select through this Site;
- Contacting you, by email or telephone, with information about this Site or our products and services;
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve our product and service offerings;
- Creating a profile based on the information you have provided;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network; or
- Developing new products and services.
Passively Collected Information
We may collect certain information about your use of this Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to this Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on this Site, the pages you looked at on this Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting this Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to this Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log information. When you access this Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. This Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information about visitors to this Site, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We may work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include website hosting. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through this Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through this Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of McLane’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
In addition, we may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of people who visited this Site, or the number of profiles created by users of this Site. Such information does not identify you individually.
Note that any information which you post to a public message board or chat area becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on this Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board or chat area.
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on this Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of this Site, which may limit your access to certain portions of this Site.
Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. This Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on this Site. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for this Site to provide security during transmissions of personal information. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with this Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
United States Only
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
We encourage registered users of this Site to keep their personal information current. You may change personal information you have provided about you at any time by logging into this Site. After you enter your username and password, you can edit personal information about you. You may also change personal information you have provided about you by contacting us at OrderEntrySupport.FS600@mclaneco.com.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change or update this Site or any of our policies and procedures without prior notice. We will post a notice on this Site to advise you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of this statement when it was most recently updated. Your continued use of this Site signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an email at OrderEntrySupport.FS600@mclaneco.com.
Last Updated: 9/1/2011